At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a strategic, experienced and mission-driven fundraising professional to join Hubbard Street’s Development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position works to develop and implement successful annual and long-term plans for generating contributed revenue from institutional funders. The Manager of Institutional Giving is the organization’s primary grant writer and manages high-level institutional portfolios. The ideal candidate is an organized, goal driven, clear communicator who will work alongside the Director of Development in creating and managing a successful Institutional Giving program. The Manager will drive key aspects of corporate, foundation and government relations for Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, and will oversee the implementation of all institutional development strategies, fundraising campaigns, and stewardship plans.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Structure, plan, and implement all institutional fundraising campaigns in order to match or exceed annual budgeted goals. Fundraising campaigns include sponsorship and support for artistic programs; audience development initiatives; education programs; special projects; events; and undesignated support.
* Create and administer the Institutional fundraising, stewardship, and communications plans, which includes revenue forecasting and budgeting, prospect lists, proposals calendar, and stewardship and engagement plans.
* Independently manage a portfolio of major institutional donors, and maintain an active meeting schedule with current and prospective funders. This includes identifying and cultivating prospects; creating proposals and conducting direct solicitations; defining rights and benefits packages; creating opportunities for activation and recognition
* Collaborate with the Director of Development in managing key aspects of major institutional partnerships, with an emphasis on high-level prospects, including major donor relations and members of board of directors.
* Oversee the grants and reports calendar and the execution of proposals and reports, ensuring the team meets all deadlines.
* Develop and update corporate, foundation, and government funding lines within the annual Development budget, including weekly cash flow and revenue projections.
* Create necessary external budgets for funders with Director of Finance & Operations.
* Other duties as assigned.